Friday, February 15, 2013

I've got mail!

I have mail! Real snail mail.  There was a letter outside my door Monday morning.  Direct from Payson, Arizona using a global forever stamp.  I did not know they even had such a thing.  It was a Valentine card.  Robyn also sent a Valentine card, but she snuck it into my suitcase.

But, I also took care of Valentines before I left.  Our neighbor will deliver a gift bag that I put together before I left.  Nothing big, just some things from Sur la Table from the sale racks that we had been looking at during the after Christmas sales.


For anyone out there reading this, you can leave comments for me and I will include them in the blog. Just leave a comment and when they try to get you to sign up, just send it anonymously.  They all come to me and then I will have them posted.  If you dont want it posted,  just write that in the comment.
There is not going to be any gaming tonight.  I will spend a quiet evening at home, alone.  It is a little bit lonely today.  I have lots of work to do and I have started sketching.  I am not very good, but I like looking at a scene and trying to capture the essence of the image.  I might go somewhere tonight and start another sketch. Having the metro card is nice because I can jump on any public transportation as often as I like instead of buying a ticket for each segment.  That way I can jump on and off, sightseeing, or looking for an interesting building to sketch.  It would be nice if the sun would come out as I can then see the shadows much easier that way.

It has rained almost every day I have been here.  I only see a glimpse of the sun every 3 or 4 days.  I hear it is the same as Boston, so cold, wet, and miserable that you must stay inside and work long hours.  It is a bit depressing, but it is nice when the sun is shinning.  February is suppose to be the worst month and it will continue to be better and better as Spring progresses.  It should look nice in May when Robyn visits.

Even with the rain, I have been able to start running again.  I only run for about 40 minutes, but it feels good.  I leave my apartment and in 5 minutes I am running along the river.  There are usually only people walking their dogs, commuters on bikes,  and other runners.  There are geese, ducks, and swans on the river and I think I can hear them laughing at me as we both are heading downstream.  I am huffing and puffing while they just lazily stick out a leg to steer.

2 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    I love the background photo you chose for your blog! It is fun to see the photos you are posting. I hope you post more of yourself. So exciting that you are living in France. Maybe you can post one of your sketches. I am glad to hear you are running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a son of many talents. Hope to see some of your sketches.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete