Thursday, July 11, 2013

Home Again

July 8th, 2013

I have been home for a month now.  I am very happy to be home.  I have now visited all of my favorite places to eat, and taken hikes almost everyday.

I have learned that I love being outside, in the sunshine.  It does not matter how hot or cold as long as it is sunny.  I now know that I am not a city person.  I enjoy the wide open spaces and hiking for hours without seeing anyone. It is not that I am anti-social, well maybe I am a little, but that I enjoy being by myself or with a small group of friends, and I like being away from the cell phones and email and "twitter brains" that seem to be everywhere.  I like being able to say "hello" to complete strangers and not have them think I am a serial killer. All these things are possible in the smaller towns and I hope that I can return one day to Europe and visit some of the villages and small cites.

Thank you for allowing me to share my experience with you.  Writing the blog helped keep me sane when I only had myself to talk to.  I hope I was able to capture the flavor and feelings of being in Lyon, France.  I am not sure when I will be off on another adventure.  Right now I am focused on completing my research and graduating this fall.

Au revoir,
David


No comments:

Post a Comment