Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bad Day


Evidently I was suppose to mail a form to the French bureaucracy when I got here. The OFII, the local immigration office, needs to verify that I am actually here.

I still need to make copies of my passport, visa, and other papers but cannot because I don't have a code for the copier.

 I need to get yet another stamp for my passport in order to make the visa valid.  If I don't, I may not be able to get back into France if I leave to visit other countries.

But I don't understand what I need to do to finish filling out the form.  I am very frustrated.  I am also frustrated because the washing machines in the building do not take any of my credit cards.  Ugh!

Today, everything sucks!



Now that a few days have passed, it does not look as bleak.  I have completed making copies and mailing the information off.  Now I wait for them to call.  They need to come visit me in my residence before I receive the final stamp.

Oh, that and I have to pay a fee.  I think that is the real reason for all the paperwork and the visit, to justify the large fee they will charge.  I will try to get the local French lab to cover the cost of the scientific visa when the officials actually come to get it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment